Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Addictions

I have resisted for many, many years...

But at the age of 30 I fear I am developing an addiction to caffeine, in the form of morning coffee.

I don't care what people say, to me, caffeine is a drug, just like anything else. Of course it is accepted in society and the side-effects are minimal, but it is an addiction just like anything else -- cocaine, heroin, marijuana...caffeine.

Rant over.

Maybe I'll be able to surf this weekend. The cold Pacific ocean water is a good caffeine alternative, I've found.

2 comments:

Colin said...

coffee and dawn patrol were made to be, don't fight it! warms you up before you suit up and head to the beach, and then not too long after it warms you up again...not to mention the jittery enthusiasm it adds to your session ;)

seriously though, i'm impressed you've gone so long without developing the habit. i go in cycles, quitting cold turkey for months at a time, and then when i'm slammed at work and running on empty, i always fall back into the habit.

Nic said...

Haha, yeah, thanks Colin. Never really felt the need for it, but when there are endless home renovation projects calling I've found that caffeine kick comes in pretty handy. Definitely gets me moving!!