Wednesday, March 3, 2010

hands


I thought this was a great image. I pulled it off BogusBlog -- check the original posting and write-up of Pedro Duarte George, the photographer/artist responsible. Impressive work throughout -- but this one in particular definitely stood out.

I have great respect for people who actually build things, create tangible items, work with their hands. Maybe it's because mine spend most of their time just clacking keys on a keyboard. But I found this image very captivating, the juxtaposition of shaper and surfer, foam dust and sand, work and tan.

It made me want to go get my hands dirty. So I did, building (another) fence at the rental apartment. Now my hands are rough, calloused, and Selin doesn't like holding them.

The fence looks good. A little crooked though.

No comments: