Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Session 11 - Feb 1 - SC Beachy South

Surf small this weekend headed south in search of more open pastures, good decision seek and ye shall find. Real fun session out there, Josh, Taylor, Ramin stylin on the longboard, I surfed the 7'6 Kingfish, plenty of waves to be had for all. And this weather, just amazing, love it. So got in a great pre-super bowl session, home by 3:30 for kickoff and some Mom's secret recipe chips and bean dip (we added probably a few too many jalepenos though, that stuff was on fire). Pretty good Super Bowl too to boot -- well at least the 4th quarter. 

I tried to be cool and surf leashless for a while, after maybe 20 minutes or so and some successful kook-cord-less rides took off on a closeout left, tried to grab the rail but it slipped away from me...cool-guy priveleges revoked, was fun while it lasted. Oh yeah, no crowds out there either, or I wouldn't be attempting such stunts. Gotta love Super Bowl Sunday! 

I go to NYC for work tomorrow...honestly? I wish I could just stay in sunny California and surf all day. Bah humbug.

2 comments:

Leo Awful said...

Gotta say thats a shit poor attitude.

How about a little excitement for freezing our collective bums off in NYC while having to entertain socially awkward clients. At least there will be drinking, oh yes, there will be drinking.

Nic said...

bah. Humbug.