Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Session 176 - Sat Dec 20 - OB

Saturday Dec 20, 10-2, 6'6 Haut

Order has been restored in the cosmos! I finally surfed again on Saturday. Was long overdue. Flatness in SC so stayed in the View Fri night and drove up to SF, where my brother was staying. Swung by Ramin's to get a leash (well 2 leashes) as I stupidly did not have any with me. (How did that happen?) Anyways thanks buddy, much appreciated. Sweet board rack. Picked up Joel off his street corner (16th and Mission, great street corner btw, lots of activity, but Joel I think that turf is already very well claimed, might have to look elsewhere) and we drove through town to get to the beach. Surf was small but a few fun ones coming through, clean conditions at least. Woulda liked a fish or something but the 6'6 gets the job done. Joel as always got cold really quick (get a new wetsuit already!!) so he went in. I stayed out, and was shortly joined by Ramin and Josh, which helped liven up the session and keep me in the water a bit longer. Eventually couldn't leave Joel any longer so headed in. We went and got a sandwich and a beer, pretty good stuff.

It's crazy how out of shape you can get with just a week or 2 layoff from surfing. Thank goodness for the easy (non-existent!) paddle out!

No comments: