Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Session 174 - Dec 6 - OB


Sat Dec 6, 10-1:30, break for a granola bar back at the car, surf just too dang good to leave, so back in the water for more 1:45-3:30, 6'6 quad

Best OB I've ever surfed*.

Photogs were out, I even went and grabbed my camera, so I'll just rest my typing fingers and let the photos do the talking...













Hollow. Offshore. Pure glass. Head high to slightly over, clean, uncrowded peaks everywhere...even the paddleout was easy. Does it get any better? Not in my experience.

Huge thank you to Dan for the last 5 super high quality telephoto lens photos...great shots. On my way back to the car, I walked past a guy shooting with a huge telephoto lens, so stopped to say hello. Asked him if he posted his photos anywhere, he said no he just shoots friends and for fun, but said he'd email me some...gave him my email and sure enough that night my inbox was full of crisp sharp megazoom goodness. Thank you Dan -- great photos. (and now I want one of those DSLR's even more than ever...thanks a lot!) :)

*I haven't surfed OB very much.

4 comments:

Josh said...

Surf looks glorious. Enjoyed the Reduce and Reuse blog as well, delightfully insightful! I need to make it out this summer to the Bay Area!

Ramin said...

Photos are awesome! Glad you got some good waves. SF representin'! Too bad we didn't meet up. Next time.

Colin said...

nice shots, are those last ones of you lip-bashing?? you barbarian! i need to get one of thems telerphotoes thangs...

Nic said...

No, not me. I would've busted an air instead.

Good photos though, thanks Dan.