Monday, November 24, 2008

Sessions 171 and 172 - Nov 22 & 23 - OB and SC

Sat Nov 22, 8:30-12, OB, Ramin's 6'10
Sun Nov 23, afternoon, Cowell's, 9'8 Junod

Wow, talk about two distinctly different sessions...

SATURDAY*


SUNDAY*

* Pictures are not actual representations of the day's surf (they're just what a quick Google Images search could find on the interwebs), but I think they illustrate the contrast quite well. 

So, Saturday morning, went up to OB and met Ramin and friends. Had a pretty epic fall OB session on Ramin's borrowed 6'10, classic fall conditions, light offshore, head high to 2x OH sets, lefts, rights, just an all in all great session. Nice to surf some waves with some solid size, I want some more. 

Sunday, was in SC, and in town was a different story altogether. Took it easy in the morning, no surf, around noon headed over to check out a sale on the west side and drove past Cowell's and it actually looked kind of fun, in a nearly empty super mellow super calm way. Went home and got the longboard and strapped it on and cruised on over and...the maybe 10 people who were out there at noon had seriously multiplied into 100...crazy! I think every beginning surfer in northern california converges on that spot on a sunny weekend afternoon low tide. So it was a bit of a zoo and was even more mellow than I had anticipated, so I paddled from Cowell's over to the Lane, good exercise. Was windblown and real slop out there but at least some waves, so I hogged my share on the 9'8 yacht and then paddled back to Cowell's and went home. 

In other news I am now completely up-to-date on all my past sessions...was operating from pretty far behind for a while there. Nice!

UPDATE: I forgot our Saturday afternoon/evening session (or should I say session attempt) which was pretty much a mess, our morning glass and offshores had been completely replaced and it was victory at sea conditions out there. Still a good exercise on the paddle and was nice to have everybody out there, including everybody's inspiration Josh on the 8'0 funboard, who dug deep and made it outside. (Way outside). 

No comments: