Monday, November 24, 2008

Session 168 - Nov 16 - WC

Sat Nov 16, morning, 6'6 Quad

MARATHON! This was a long time ago so I'm gonna be quick w/ this session report. Surf was good to actually really good, clean, fun, not TOO crowded. MY surfing, on the other hand, was a complete disaster...ultra-regress kook mode! I certainly wasn't aided that on my 2nd wave or so, I accidentally dropped in on a dude (It looked like he was going right, promise) and he was none too kind about it. Proceeded to berate and yell and even splash water at me for what seemed like an eternity. (But was probably more like 15 seconds). Yes, I dropped in on him and messed up his wave, sorry man, my bad. Guess I deserved to get scolded. (Nevermind it was a chest high at best insider that slipped through and was closing out in front of both of us anyways, maybe the guy was gonna bust an air over that section). But wow, calm down buddy! I dropped in and as soon as I noticed he was behind me I pulled out. Granted, the damage had already been done, but it was an honest mistake. Guy really got angry though. 

Anyways set the tone for rest of my session because I was definitely off. Let's not dwell on this any longer. Sound good? We surfed for about 5 hours or so, and I eventually started getting positive thoughts back in my head, but it was a rough start. MOVING ON!

No comments: