Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Session 144 - Sep 24 - OB


The K St Mob was on it in full force this morning. K. St. K(c)olin organized a crew of us and we met up again for a morning surf in the wide open waters of Ocean Beach, SF. I've said this before but I'll say it again, while the waves of OB may not always deliver, and while they certainly can't match up to anything Santa Cruz has on offer in terms of quality (except for a few incredible days, of which I've yet to experience)...it's just fun to surf there when it's not huge and impossible, because you can get a group out there, find your spot, and have it to yourselves...like I said before, surf as bad as you want, be as loud as you want, just have some fun. So that's what we did; me, Colin, Brian, Ryan, plus Colin's younger sister and BF who joined in as well. Surf was small, weak, and mushy, but as Colin said, it was surfable. My crappy-wave-consolation-bowl-of grape-nuts will have to wait until another day -- I do appreciate the offer. Grape nuts are one of my favorite healthy cereals, although they are much better with something added. (Fresh fruit if you can make that happen, raisins if not). 

Colin had his kook camera on his wrist and got some shots, the best was me surfing for the camera and coming right at him. If I knew what I was doing I would've thrown some buckets of spray all over his head, but instead I just smiled goofily. 

The water was also really warm. That was a pleasant surprise.

No comments: