Friday, September 19, 2008

Session 140 - Sep 18 - OB

Thursday sep 18, 6:30-8 pm, (Ramin's) 6'6 Taylor

So Colin lured me and a few others up to Ocean Beach last night, promising head-high glassy barrels. Oh but he lies, he lies, I rushed out of work, picked up Ramin, dropped off Ramin, got lost on my way to the beach, parked, suited up, sprinted over the sand dune to be greeted by...

waist to shoulder warbly dumpy closeouts.

But you make the most of it, and it actually was a pretty fun short session, enjoyable evening with a couple friends on our own little section of beach, everybody got a few waves, and I'm being a bit dramatic here, conditions weren't awful. Fun to be out there, I like that we were able to go out there, be as loud as we want, surf as bad as we want, and just enjoy a nice early fall/late summer evening in the water with a few friends. Trade-offs -- you'd be hard pressed to get that in Santa Cruz, just another normal evening at OB. And yes, Colin did warn us that the wind had picked up and those barrels probably wouldn't be happening. So no worries, dude, I'll be back.

I'll especially be back for pizza, beer, and buffalo wings, good call on getting some food after the session. Fun times.

No comments: