Thursday, July 24, 2008

Session 108 - July 24 - LM

Thursday July 24, 7:15-9 AM, 6'8 Taylor

Didn't quite make my 6:30 arrival time, but was pretty close. Close enough that there were only about 3 other cars in the parking lot. Unfortunately, even at 6:45 AM, only 3 cars in the parking lot is usually not a good indication of surf quality...I checked it for a bit and it didn't look that great. Guys way down at Boat Docks where it was pretty clean. But I had the 6'8 not the 8'6 so wanted some more juice, drove the 10 minutes down to Montara and wasn't a single person in that lot, and I don't want to surf there alone, so back to LM. Suited up and got in. By now there were 10 cars in the lot. And...surf was fun! Pleasantly surprised. Once out there it was pretty clean, wind wasn't bad, sideshore/offshore combo, and there definitely some swell in the water. Surfed all over, from south of Taco Bell to the pump house to slightly north of pump house...some good size north to get the pulse going...got pitched on one or two and backed off one or two as well...good summertime reminder that while I've progressed a LOT in this past year, I've still got a long ways to go.

No comments: