Monday, July 14, 2008

Session 103 - July 12 - WC

Saturday July 12, 11-2, 7'6 Kingfish

Despite my best efforts, still haven't figured out how to translate brain waves into ocean waves...spent all weekend trying my best to channel some mental energy directly into the ocean, still no luck. I will say though that if there was surf worth surfing anywhere around these parts over the weekend, we probably were on it Saturday...as good as it got across the whole county. Met up with Carl, Mike, and Ramin and busted out the big guns, the 7'6 kingfish, fun board, haven't used it in a while, forget how much of a beast it is. Beautiful warm day, a little overcast at the start but progressively burned off throughout the session, warm, clear, blue water...WARM! Heat waves...good for thin wetsuits, bad for wildfires.

Got a bunch of waves, walked off down the beach a bit for our own peak nobody was on, fun but fast waves, good for practice. All in all a pretty fun day. And Carl was stoked as well, saw him catch a couple really good waves...breakthrough day for him where he's no longer just riding whitewater, actually was in the curl on a couple. Nice to see and glad he had a good time out there...good beginner's weekend.

I tried to surf again on Sunday, but there was nothing worth getting in the water for. Was up in SF so checked Ocean Beach, Rockaway, LM...no go...were plenty of people out at OB but despite trying to convince myself otherwise it really was slop, so I hiked up a hill a bit and read my book instead. A good reminder why I live in Santa Cruz, I love it there.

In other news...El Salvador. I booked my trip just now. HUGE thank you to Jim from Surfrider for inviting me on the trip, can't wait...Is it August 17 yet?

1 comment:

Jim Moriarty said...

could not be more stoked you're on the salvador trip... promise to get sessions 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 and 130 data for the blog.