Sunday, June 22, 2008

Session 93 - June 20 - 38th

Friday June 20, SUMMER SOLSTICE, INTERNATIONAL SURFING DAY, 7-8:30 PM, 9'6 FSC

Summer Solstice! Certainly could not have asked for a nicer day to have as the longest day of the year. It's all downhill from here though! Kind of a bummer. Long days are SWEET.

Since it was also International Surfing day today, I decided what the heck might as well join in and surf myself so we left work around 5 something and headed on over...with these days so long I didn't even have to hurry at all to get a surf in, dilly dallyed around the house for a bit and then headed out. Surf pretty good actually, had some swell all weekend long so got some good waves over the weekend...I surfed the 9'6 on some 38th ave outside set bombs (38th ave bombs, it's all relative) and had fun, got plenty of waves, mixed up some lefts into the mix too.

After the surf came home, ate spaghetti, and Selin and I went and watched this documentary movie 'SurfWise' which was an interesting film. Dude takes his family of 10 or something and puts them all in a 24 foot mobile home and hits the road. All of 'em in that little trailer rig! I recommend watching the movie, it was a good flick, but I don't think I'll be following in their footsteps. I'm thinking 36 foot trailer, at least.

No comments: