Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Session 87 - June 10 - JTY

Tuesday June 10, 7 - 8:45 AM, 6'6 quad

Gonna bang this session report out real quick here, as pretty busy day, but I need a break and that's what this Horace blog is all about...

Wow it is light early! It's also absolutely beautiful weather we're having right now. It makes it all that easier to get out of bed at the crack of daylight when it's already tshirt weather warm outside. I was up at 5:30 and it's already really light. Tomorrow, 5 AM it is. Got up and on the road pretty quick, doing the Mt View to HMB drive this morning, pretty painless, got behind a garbage truck on 92, that was slow, but got to the Jetty and met Ramin who had beat me there. It didn't look great so we drove down a bit further to check one other nearby sometimes spot, but it was worse, so back to the Jetty, good thing too...

As the tide dropped further Jetty got actually really fun. Was a few guys out with us as well and while it was inconsistent for a while, for one stretch of about 20-30 minutes there were some pretty perfect looking wedgy rights peaking up here and there for the fortunate few to be out there. Ramin got some real gems, lookin' good, I'll take credit for hunting down a magic board for him to take his surfing to the next level...that 5'11 fish suits him well, does real good at generating a lot of speed on that thing and speed is the main thing, if you have speed, everything else is easy...

I didn't fare quite as well on the quad, I find that board harder to surf for some reason than my myriad of 6'8's, but I do know when I use it right it can be a pretty sweet ride, I just need to get better at using it. Got a couple waves that were fun, caught a lot of waves, quantity over quality.

Tomorrow morning likely repeat the same scenario, although just a little bit earlier, gotta be at work around 9.

Sunshine!

No comments: