Monday, June 30, 2008

Session 100 - June 29 - WC


Sunday June 29, 9:30-12:45, 6'8 Taylor

Woohoo! One hundred surf sessions in 2008! Not too shabby. Ben Franklin would be proud.

Session 100 turned out to be a pretty darn good one, had some south swell in the water and nice calm, glassy conditions. I am learning more and more about what breaks will work on what conditions and swells, and translating what my front yard at the point means in terms of surf elsewhere. My translations are picking up accuracy, although still a lot to be learned. Anyways surf was very good out front, but as expected, very crowded. So I headed out of town a bit.

Good, head high or so waves, some slightly bigger, some slightly smaller. Clean glassy conditions, and a long interval groundswell making for easy paddle outs. A little crowded at the main peak, but I sat a bit south and shared a slightly less consistent and slightly more closed out peak with just a couple guys...a fair enough trade-off in my book. Lefts, rights, and trying to throw myself into closeout barrels, all the makings of a good session #100.

No comments: