Monday, May 19, 2008

Session 78 - May 17 - 2nd/1st Peak

Saturday May 17, 11:00 - 2 PM, 9'0 Becker

Surf still good on Saturday, should've gotten out of bed early and gone somewhere, but I didn't, lazy lazy lazy, finally was up and moving around and in the water by 11. Joel came out also, but as his groin is still hurt and surfing is not a good idea he was sporting flippers and the watercam...I haven't loaded the photos but I'll throw some up here when speedblogging isn't the main objective...Anyways surf was pretty good but there was some tension in the water. See my prior post. Waves were kind of not working like usual, in that 2nd peak wasn't really doing it's thing, was more like a combo of partway between 1st/2nd that was working the best, so there was this uneasy tense mix of longboard/shortboard in much closer proximity than you'll normally find...not just myself, noticed several unhappy verbal altercations between the two dueling schools of surfers. Plus, it was crowded. Saturday, sunshine, fair-good forecast. So I took it easy, caught lots on the inside, stayed out for longer than I thought as I was able to go pretty far in almost to 38th and still catch some more over there, without having to be on my toes all the time and dealing with the tension.

No comments: