Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Session 75 - May 13 - 2nd Peak

Tuesday May 13, 7-8:30 AM, 6'2 KG

SESSION 75! Half way there!
I don't quite understand this drawing I found on the internet but I'm trying to add more pictures to my blog

Fun session this morning, almost didn't do it but dragged myself out of bed...not feeling very hot these days, bit of a cold or something, throat really hurt this morning waking up. Very tempting to stay under the warm covers but the ray of sunshine coming through my over-bed window was enough to lure me outside. Thanks ray of sunshine, I never regret my decision when I'm out, especially when the surf is fun. Pretty small but clean out there, took the KG down the ladder and right on out, sat between 1st and 2nd peak and picked off the 1st peak leftovers. Some fun rides, not on my best game this morning, amazing how just a week off can leave you rusty, but it felt good and water is warming up some from the spring upwelling iciness, so I think the booties can be stored for summer -- in Santa Cruz at least. The less gear/rubber necessary for a surf session, the better...the more in tune you are with your environment, just you and the elements...soon I'll trade in the 4/3 for the 3/2 as well...

Surf forecast looking somewhat positive for next couple of days so I'll probably be out there on all of 'em, most likely somewhere north at I'm staying in the View tonight and possibly the rest of the week. Working on a few coworkers to get em out there with me, we'll see, always good to have company.

Update! Cool thing from this morning's session I forgot to post -- dolphins! Shared the lineup with a school of maybe 8 or so dolphins real close in. They came through and made a bit of a splash out there, fun stuff. Amazing how close they were! Little visits of (cute, friendly variety) sea creatures always keep things interesting...the otters out there are well reknown, they're fun to watch as they try to crack open their latest clam dinner or mess around in the surf.

I'm meeting Ramin at 6:30 tomorrow morning at Linda Mar...bedtime!


1 comment:

Josh said...

Your dedication to blogging is an inspiration to us all!! I would personally love to see some pics of your casa and surroundings. Get to feeling better my Burro brother!

-Josh