Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Session 74 - May 6 - 1st peak

Tuesday May 6, 7:30-8:30 PM, 6'2 KG Fish

Short session, short post...Not a whole lot happening out there in the ocean this particular evening, but decided why not, grabbed the fish and headed out. One of the bonuses of (mostly) flatness is (mostly) no crowds, so there are positives, glass half-full perspective...Taking advantage of this lack of crowds I made a rare foray out to 1st Peak, shared it with only a couple other guys. I see why that is guarded so closely -- fun wave. Really bowls up right there and pitches over, lots of fun and a good challenging wave, that can offer up some barrels and nice fast rides. In my hours time caught at least 10 waves, maybe more, of which some were nice, long, fast rights, lots of fun on the fish. On my first wave not used to the spot I got eaten by the bowl, learning experience, made note of that from there on out. Fun short session. On my way in it was pretty much dark, but some maniac was actually just getting in the water to start his session...night-surfer!

No comments: