Monday, May 5, 2008

Session 73 - May 4 - 2nd Peak

Sunday May 4, 6:30-7:30, 9'0 Becker

Snuck in a quick session before dinner date night at Shadowbrook Restaurant for Selin's bday...fun (both dinner and the surf). Swell has dropped since it peaked on Friday/Saturday, but still hanging around a bit and offering up some shoulder high lines out at 2nd Peak. Pretty friendly crowd out there for the most part, plenty of folks but still managed to snag my share of fun waves, got some fun ones from further outside, straddling between the shortboarding pack of 1st peak and the longboarders at 2nd. And, amazingly, right when it was time for me to head in, a wave came right to me and I surfed it practically all the way to 38th stairs. You know things are going your way when that happens!

I've been extra tired today so far. Wake up!

And on an unrelated note, I realized Horace has been pretty text heavy lately. Where are all the pretty pictures? (I mean who actually reads blogs anyways?) So I'll try to appease the masses and throw some more pictures up on this thing from time to time. To get things started, I put one at the top of the post. I think I'll try to put up more when I have some time, maybe something south of the border themed from Mexico/Costa Rica trips...feliz cinco de mayo!

No comments: