Friday, April 25, 2008

Session 66 - April 24 - Jty, LM

Thursday April 24, 6:30 - 8:30 PM, 6'2 KS fish

Although I did surf two spots, can't call this two sessions as it was on the same board (rules). I mean can you imagine if I just started cheating and calling stuff like this two separate sessions? All ethical morals and values would go right out the window. So, one session, two spots.

Left work at 4:30. Pit stop at Best Buy to buy another way over priced phone charger because the one I just bought about 2 months ago broke already. Inspired by my musical endeavors of the night before I decided to buy a new CD while I was there -- had told myself upon leaving work I would buy the new Black Keys CD if it was under $14. Best Buy was all over this, nice work guys, Black Keys Attack & Release $13.99.

I then proceeded to have about the longest surf drive ever -- maybe not in time but in traffic -- when you're just sitting there stop and go clutch in clutch out over and over time goes soooo....much......sloooooooower... I opted to take freeways this time around (I won't do that again), headed up 101 to 92, 92 to 280, 280 to Sneath, Sneath to 35, Sharp Park to 1, 1 to LM. Had to make another stop for some wax and a leash string as new board had neither. First stop #1 Sonlight Surf Shop, closed at 5:30. Stop #2 Log Shop, had wax (I got 4) but no leash string. That's lame. Stop #3 K-Star Surf Shop is no longer there, out of business. I hate to kick a dog when it's down because that was after all somebody's business but I never liked that shop much anyways, employees had too much attitude. Finally stop #4 Nor Cal shop had leash strings so I bought 2 (50 cents each). Had thoughts of epic Montara dancing in my mind so continued driving, epic Montara, what was I thinking, it was crap, kept driving to the Jetty which was uber tiny but at least clean and a few open shoulders, and met Manabu there for a short session. Manabu in predictable nerd-speak called the waves microwaves, which I'll take that saying as well because it works quite well, they were exactly microwaves but we made it work. Caught a lot of microwaves at least, but most of them were micro and just closing out right away so practice on getting up really fast and then getting off w/o dinging the board in the very shallow water. Called it good on the microwaving about 7:40, still sunlight remaining so I jetted outta there and did the wetsuit drive to LM, delayed by road construction a bit, but got to LM and ran right in for about 30 more minutes. Was worth it, while LM was a mess at least it had a bit of size and managed to find one semi consistent left that delivered me and one other dude quite a few waves in our 30 minute window.

New board surfs good, I liked it -- dilemma too many boards too little time. It paddled well, caught waves well, and surfed well when it was given the chance to do so, which wasn't all that often.

Weekend!

No comments: