Thursday, April 17, 2008

Session 63 - April 17 - 1st/2nd Peak

Thursday April 17, 7:30-9:15 am, 9'0 Becker

Morning surf again. Met up with Matt Mora the night before who, who knew, lives about a mile away. Good to see him, it's been a while, went out and had a drink downtown. Little bit later of a bedtime than I was aiming for though, but such is life. Still set the alarm for 7 am and got in my exercise for the day...also a farewell session for Joel, at least until he's back in town again. Maybe sooner rather than later, we'll see what happens on his job hunt.

Enough rambling, as for the surf it was fun again, not quite as nice as yesterday's and also more crowded, but still some good waves. I wasn't on my a-game this morning, didn't catch that many, but the few I did were fun. Last one was a late takeoff, had to really angle it hard to make that one but I did...made the takeoff with knee dropped...got a hoot from this older guy who was ripping on a soft-top, it's nice when the crowd is out there to have fun and enjoy themselves. Because that's really what it's all about.

Starting to get the first blooms in my yard, good sign. This winter things were looking rather bleak, was afraid I'd completely murdered my garden, but seems to be coming on strong along with the springtime sun and warmth. Rosebush had the first couple roses blooming, a few of the orange blossoms on the fence vines, (I think they're) orchids looking good, and some other ones I hadn't even noticed before looking about ready to come out and shine. Is it a sign of old age to care about my garden and plants and flowers? Probably. But they're so pretty!

No comments: