Saturday, April 12, 2008

Session 59 - April 12 - 2nd Peak

Saturday April 12, 5-6:30, 9'6 FSC

Trunkin' it! That's right the weather was so hot today, 80 plus, that it was time to shed the seal skin and go for a short surf in boardshorts. It's such a liberating experience to just throw on some trunks, walk outside, and walk to the surf in shorts, no wetsuit hassle...lovin' it. When I was in Baja I picked up this O'Neill wetsuit top thing, 2/1 thickness full sleeved top, and I wore it (the water in Baja on the Pacific ocean side was a bit chilly! I bought this from some surf camp guys for like $10 used, good buy). It worked perfect. I'll be putting that to use this summer whenever I can, because I was surprisingly not cold at all for pretty much my entire session...only at the very end did I start to feel the shivering coming on. Joel on the other hand, in trunks only, was shivering within 30 minutes.

Surf was actually pretty fun, caught some nice long waves...anything is fun when you don't have a wetsuit but this was actually a pretty solid session. Longboarding is fun.

No comments: