Thursday, April 3, 2008

14 sec

So we've got a bit of a bump, confirmed south swellage filling in a little more, so surf is on again for tonight...will hit up Montara this time around and hopefully have a few friends in the water with me as well. Work estimated time of departure 5 PM, hopefully in the water 6PM.

Swell Height:
5 ft holding

Swell Directions:
Most energy from WSW(247), with NW(326) and WNW(286)

Swell Period:
14 sec increasing

Which gives me a good excuse to post THIS:



Which Joel sent me today. In responsible blogging form I always attribute my sources -- he found the cartoon on the following surf blog: www.surfinoregon.blogspot.com

Which I have to highlight even more as a born and bred Oregonian myself, good stuff there. Unlike those surf-starved Oregonians though, for me the California transplant a 14 second period isn't really that big of a deal, who cares, but for those guys...it's huge. Lunch at mom's will have to wait!

Also a thank you as always to Stokemaster.com's great StokeConsole, my go-to online resource for San Mateo county surf conditions.

No comments: