Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Status update

'08 Status Report - 150 goal

37 sessions
72 days

To meet 150 session goal, one session is required every 2.4 days

37 sessions in 72 days = one session every 1.95 days
72/365 = Year is ~20% complete
37/150 = Goal is ~25% complete

5% ahead of pace! I'm a little worried about summer doldrums and extended flat spells, so it's good to be ahead of pace right now, when the surf is consistent and consistently good. Doing my part to keep up -- surfing today after work!

UPDATE: So Joel that mathematician called out my 5% ahead of pace as bunked up. He's probably right. Dan, Zac, somebody else let us know for real. His logic below:

Joel: BTW I think you're actually about 24% ahead of pace
Joel: anyway, the pace thing
I may be wrong, but I think you are calculating that all bunky
me: bunkdified
yeah maye it is?
Joel: all you need to do is compare 1 sesh out of every 2.4 days to your current rate of 1 sesh every 1.95 days
Sent at 4:16 PM on Wednesday
Joel: 2.4/1.95 = 1.23
me: bunky
Joel: So let's say you keep going at your 1 out of 1.95 pace, you'll end up with 187 sessions
which is 37 more than your goal
187/150 = 1.247
me: OK that might be right
Joel: so maybe you're almost 25 percent ahead of your goal pace
me: I'll post this now
Joel: ha, OK, Zac or Dan ought to make sure it's correct


Well, I'm a surfer, not a math wizard. I don't have time for this stuff anyways -- all I know is I'm ahead of schedule and I'll be more ahead of schedule in about an hour cuz it's time to GO SURFING AGAIN! Later chumps!

No comments: