Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Session 51 - Mar 26 - LM

Wed Mar 26, 6-7:45 PM, 6'8 Kirkshapes (white)

Lame surf session. And a good reminder of why Santa Cruz -- NOT Pacifica -- is Surf City USA (or the other surf city, whatever...). It'd been a while so I think I forgot, but yeah, good strong reminder that probably 90% of the time the surf is gonna be worse in Pacifica and the weather is gonna be more gray as well. Santa Cruz compared to Linda Mar is paradise. But hey I still got love for ol' LM as well, it definitely has its days. And on the plus side, there probably is some sort of surfable wave at LM a solid 300 days out of the year, so it does have that going for it. It's just that probably 250 or more of those days are pretty marginal, at best. Marginal, Linda Mar (ginal) get it?

I left work about 5 and headed west. Stopped and got board at Selin's. Manabu was going out too so he called me, but he wound up at a spot a bit further south. No chance I'm taking HW 92 during rush hour traffic, that drive is a nightmare, so I kept going and cut across on city streets, put me out a bit north of LM. Rockaway actually had a few people on it, sure it was probably 3x better than LM, but call me crazy unless it's WAY better I just feel more comfortable as the sun goes down in the water at LM than I do up there, or at other spots further south. Lots of (big) creatures swimming around in that sea out there, so for a marginal surf experience anywhere, I'm sticking to LM. Strength in numbers, right?

There really wasn't any surf worth writing about. My best wave was worse than my worst wave last night at the hook. I tried to make the most of what there was, caught a lot of waves but none really that good, best one I suppose was pretty decent left that I cut up on real quick and then back down, at least some people watched it and seemed impressed. (another fun reason to surf LM, I'm better than a lot of people. Ego boost). Tomorrow is a day off, no surf, going to Warriors-Blazers game courtesy of Selin and Big G getting us some free tickets, supersweet.

Bedtime. I'm exhausted. I paddled through a lot of closeouts tonight.


1 comment:

Blaze The Trail Cat said...

Duuuude you gotta put that locomap visitor thing up in more prime Horace real estate, it's cool. I just looked at it and just today you have visitors from Australia, Canada, and all over the USA! Global time.

Did anyone tell you if your pace calculations were bunk?