Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Session 42 - March 18 - Jetty

Tuesday March 18, 6:15-7:40 pm, 6'8 Kirkshapes

I really needed to get a surf in yesterday, for some reason...just a long boring day I guess. So I got out a bit early, ran by Selin's picked up my board and headed west. First stop Linda Mar, crappy, 2nd stop also crappy, so headed south. It was really pretty crappy everywhere but Jetty was best bet for the evening, a little protected so waves were actually waves and not just windchop slop. I haven't surfed jetty in a long time. Climbed down the rocks and jumped in and joined the 3 other guys who like me were surf addicted junkies in need of a fix...not a whole lot to write about but caught some waves. Nonetheless it's good practice, surfing small junky waves on a shortboard is not a strong suit of mine, so good to put in some time. One kid was making the most of the waves, can tell it was his forte, not me so much although I did surf better than the other guy, so not the worst out there. Not long ago it was pretty much safe to assume I'd be the worst at any given break, not the case anymore, and that is a Victory! Sat and tried to catch the wedge type waves that would form from the backwash off the jetty, from time to time everything would come together right and they'd form some pretty quick moving little wedgy rights to try and do something on. By the time I got out and changed and in my car to see what time it was, it was 7:58--can surf til late these days!

No comments: