Saturday, March 8, 2008

Session 35 - Mar 8 - SC Beachy

Saturday Mar 8, 4:30-5:30, 6'8 Taylor

Well, when it comes to sessions not actually being sessions that should count, this is about as close to that as it comes...just not really feeling it today. Surf wasn't terrible, actually I'm sure it was really quite good earlier in the morning at some north of town spots, but I took the morning off, tended to some stuff at home, got all my boards (finally!) fixed, Plus photographed -- look for photos soon once I can upload them -- and just relaxed, absolutely beautiful gorgeous warm sunshiney day.

Surf pretty small out front so loaded the surfmobile planning to go north, but stopped at some beachbreaks on the way close to home and decided to just go out there. Were a few people out at a few of the normal spots, I surfed a spot I never have before (add another to the list!) but it wasn't really anything special, just beach break really...waves weren't doing much, kinda piddly and pretty much only closing out. I think I timed my session quite nicely to coincide with a 0.0 low tide, which wasn't helping things. So, I caught I think 4 "waves" but really wasn't much to em, closing out pretty instantly. Since things weren't so good at my chosen beach break I went back to the car, laid my towel over the seat and drove in wetsuit back to the Hook, thought I'd go out there, but the south wind had really picked up and it was pretty much complete crap out there, and that wind was kind of chilly in my 3/2 which I decided to wear, so I said forget it, it's shower time and went home. Warm shower, heavenly.

So now I'm relaxed and rejuvenated and ready for tomorrow, will try to get somewhere good early in the AM.

No comments: