Friday, March 7, 2008

Session 34 - Mar 7 - LM North

Friday Mar 7, 7-9:30, 6'8 Kirkshapes (white)

Nice morning! Surf was better than yesterday, a little bit bigger and more powerful, not as mushy. Was definitely crowded for a DP but I guess it's Friday and I guess the Surfline effect was in full play, they had a good report on it for a while. I really do love surfing in the mornings, great way to start the day, when the suns out, I'm almost even becoming a fan of the cold water, it's kind of like my "morning coffee" -- definitely a good wake up, refreshing. I got some OK waves, thought I surfed OK for the most part. I still just need to work on my consistency, I don't know why it is but I'll often get 3 or 4 good waves in a row, and then on the next one I completely kook out. I need to get more consistent on the shortie to the point where they're all good...I'm making progress.

Had tried to round up a few surf buddies but missed everybody: Manabu, Ramin, anyone else. Next time.

Weekend!

It took a lot longer than normal, but I was finally able to upload a picture again. I have a few more I'll post but when I have more time...SO...the above picture is the first glimpse of the Pacific I see every morning when I head to Linda Mar. Driving up I usually go El Monte to 280 to Sharp Park Road to HW 1 south to LM...coming over the crest of Sharp Park Road there's a little pull-out with this beautiful panoramic view of Pacifica below. I really enjoy and look forward to this part of my drive, because at this very moment I can often tell how my surf session is going to shape up -- I can get a pretty good idea for what conditions will be like from this view. This picture was taken yesterday, and I could tell it was going to be clean, but pretty small, and probably some long waits. That's exactly what it was. On days when it's big and a swell is really pumping, you can see lines all they way out the horizon on this view -- the day I broke Vernor in half looked like that. On days when it's going to be complete jumbled mess, you can see a complete jumbled mess on this view, no organization at all just chop all over. So on this particular morning, I was a tiny bit disappointed because I'm really hoping for some size, but I was happy to see it looking pretty clean. Surf forecast central!

No comments: