Sunday, March 2, 2008

Session 30 - Mar 1 - 38th

Saturday Mar 1, 5:30-6:45, 9'6 FSC

After Selin and I gorged ourselves at Hanks with a huge helping of fries, salad, and a chicken sandwich, I decided I'd head back out for a few more waves before the sun went down, taking advantage of these longer days we're having. I've learned that a full stomach and a short board do not mix, so I grabbed the 9'6 cruiser again and hit up 38th. Good selection -- nothing like the effortless glide of a nice long longboard, especially after a big meal. Wasn't too many people still out so it was a virtual wave bonanza for me, wave after wave after wave, some really fun long rights that I picked off from far outside and cruised all the way in. Also mixed in my fair share of lefts too, as the left that sometimes works at 38th was working tonight. It really was fun, pretty great conditions for longboarding, I love winter in Santa Cruz...chest high+ on the sets, but a little bit of south swell in the water giving those classic long easy waves perfect for a longboard...surfed til it was nearly completely dark and headed for home. Probably my best session in a while -- figures soon as Joel leaves I a) get good surf and b) actually surf it well again. Bah!

No comments: