Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Session 24 - Feb 22 - Hook

Friday Feb 22, 11 - 2 PM, 6'6 Quad

I'm a bit behind on posting this session and I actually can't even completely remember where we surfed...did we go down the stairs at the hook or did we climb down 1st peak and get washed to the hook like the day before? I don't remember. Yes now I do remember and yes that is what happened. Lots of current! Decided to surf the new 6'6 quad and it was a little bit hard, didn't exactly rip it up on that board not quite yet. But usually takes a few times to figure a board out. Joel was surfing with me again which was good, nice to have a surf buddy. Weather was mostly sunny which was nice too, and waves were head high with a little punch to em, some pretty good sets coming through and not TOO much of a crowd midday on a Friday.

After surf we made an xtreme weekend trip to Tahoe, which was fun: me, Joel, Dan, Zac, Mikey. If that isn't an xtreme group of guys I don't know what is. Probably more powder than I've ever snowboarded in before, fresh tracks!

No comments: