Monday, January 28, 2008

Weekend (NO) surf recap

Another lost weekend...what's up with that? It didn't stop raining all weekend, and the ocean was a complete bacteria-full mess. Unsurfable.

Friday night I drove down to Paul Nguyen's place in south San Jose for a poker game. He's an old time G buddy, quite a life. 9 guys, we played 2 tourneys, I was out like 5th or so in game 1, and finished 2nd in game two. Of course, just my luck, tournament 2 they decided would be a 'winner takes all', so I walked away with nothing for all my troubles. I lost with a pair of 3's to his pair of 4s. Board was A-3-4. Knew he didn't have the Ace but didn't figure he had the 4. Bummer -- we were pretty close in chips. I played decent although I did get lucky to actually win one A-9 hand I misplayed by not betting enough, at least according to coach Andy Chan, who gives excellent lessons in how to play emotional ultra aggressive NL poker.

Saturday slept in and drove over to SC w/ Selin around 1 or so. Raining. We hung out at home, had HUGE burritos for dinner, and went and watched 'Untraceable,' the latest psycho killer movie to be filmed in Portland, every psycho killers favorite place to live! (Mr. Brooks, The Hunted) 'Untraceable' was a good movie, creepy. But creepy good in a way I can watch, I didn't jump out of my seat too much which is good as Selin gets angry at me when I do. Then we went home and watched ANOTHER movie, we love movies! 'Gladiator' on the home theater. Maximus! Maximus! Maximus! I was Entertained!

Sunday woke up to more pouring rain. I put on raincoat and went for a walk. Were actually 5 crazies surfing the hook, but it wasn't any good and I didn't want to mess with it. Hung out at home some more, vacuumed, and dropped Selin off downtown. I went and drove around, checked west side spots, went to the Arrow shop and Rip Curl outlet, and then we drove back to Mt View last night instead of doing the morning traffic.

So, unfortunately, my surf tally remains stuck at a measly 8. Sun is out today so maybe tomorrow will be a go somewhere -- we'll see. I need it!

No comments: