Sunday, January 20, 2008

Session 7 - January 19 - Sewers, 2nd Peak

Jan 19, 3:00-4:30, PP, 6'2 KG

Crowd wasn't too bad so I decided to take the fish out for it's maiden session amongst the PP masses. Turned into a pretty decent session, waves are just so nice out there. Said it before but I'll say it again, if only there were some lefts...

Got off to a less than stellar start when I dropped in on a guy on my very first wave. Not the best way to introduce myself to the small crowd out at a pretty competitive peak...I really didn't think the guy was going for this wave, but he did took off way behind the peak and must've worked around the section, completely didn't see him. I was quick to apologize, and he didn't say anything about it, just gave me the evil eye. Beats getting screamed at at least. But after that I did a lot better. Really wasn't too crowded so got a good # of waves, some good ones. Wiped out on a couple, I tend to bury the nose on that board once I'm up and trying to turn up the wave face. Still learning on this one...but did manage some nice open walled up fast waves and a few top turns on a very low tide. I found a little spot where I could sit out of the way a bit but still catch a lot. Good times!

No comments: