Friday, January 18, 2008

session 6 - January 18 - Linda Mar

Jan 18, 7:15-9:20, central LM, 6'2 KG Fish

Well, session turned out not any better than yesterdays, in fact I'd even call it worse, for some reason the wave shape was just pretty poor this morning. What we benefited in less closing out this morning was offset by overall general mushiness, and anything that wasn't complete mush was a close out, so it was a bit of a frustrating session. I'm not good enough on the 6'2 to make the most of those conditions -- plus I don't think thats really where a fish like that excels anyways. But excuses excuses -- the one good wave I should have got I completely wiped out on. Was a head high or so right very early in the session, in fact first wave of the day, that I caught, got up, and completely ate it as I was trying to cut back up the face of the wave. Just got a little overeager I guess, need to be smoother on that little board.

Met Paul, Colin, and Ramin all from work out there, but didn't really see them at all during the session, as I surfed all over the beach from the bathrooms to north of the bathrooms to taco bell. Was as crowded as I've seen LM on a weekday dawn patrol, actually pretty packed out there, which combined with the general poor conditions made for a disappointing session.

Plus to make matters worse I ran out of gas on 280 on the way to work. Scary place to run out of gas and be pulled over on the shoulder, cars go like 100 mph on that road. Well 100 is exaggerating, but 80 is very normal. Selin came to my rescue with a gas can and I made it to the nearest gas station -- thank you sweetie! All part of the new car research process though -- now I know exactly how far I can go with one bar left on my gas tank meter.

3 day weekend coming up, will be spending it in Santa Cruz. Hopefully get in several sessions to get me back on pace towards 150. See ya!

No comments: