Thursday, January 24, 2008

Learning is good

Things I just learned in my few minute Gmail conversation with sister Madeleine.
  • Harvard students are hardly ever actually in class. She just finished a 2 week christmas vacation, and now she has another full week off before 2nd semester classes start. Live it up, sis.
  • "layed" is not a word. I had to correct Maddy on this one. Like me, she too spent the entire day in bed...in her words: Madeleine: well i layed in bed all day tooo cuz i'm done with school. This one is tricky, but the correct usage would actually be " well I lay in bed all day too cuz I'm done with school and I'm a lazy bum." Sure sounds funny though. Nobody would actually say that. But there ya go. This website breaks it down pretty well for more explanation.
  • The plural of 'cul de sac' is 'culs de sac.' Interesting. Crazy French words.
  • Mom knows everything. Everything. Of course I know everything too, so I already knew this. But Maddy had to be reminded.

No comments: