Thursday, November 15, 2007

Surf photography

I need to get more good surfing photos. Of ME. This new waterproof active camera Selin got me should help -- but I need some assistance on the photographer side. Selin is a very strong and dedicated land based photog, but to really make the (relative) tiny waves I surf look good, I need somebody there with me. In the water, close up and personal. Consider this an open invitation -- if you want to be my dedicated water photog, let me know. Just think about it, your photos can be viewed here on this very blog by (maybe!) a grand total of 3 people! :)

Also, I need to figure out how to get this new camera of mine to take faster photos. There's gotta be a setting to change. Right now the lag between one photo and another is literally about 2 seconds. Unless I go back to Pavones, that's simply not going to cut it. Most of the time, the sad reality is I'm lucky if my ride lasts 2 seconds total. So I've got to get that figured out as well, or I wind up with a lot of splash photos/closed out wave photos/wipeout photos/bellyride photos/basically not photos I want photos.

So, the above being said: I'm really looking to get some more good photos soon with this new camera. For now, here is the best photo of me surfing taken (that I know of) to date, courtesy of reknowned land based photog Selin from our Kauai trip. (I did not find the cable needed to upload photos off my camera, but instead I went and bought a $15 digital media card reader.) Check me out...



SWEET.

No comments: