Friday, November 30, 2007

Linda Marginal

morning surf at Linda Mar this AM. Was planning to meet a guy and possibly buy a surfboard from him, but I was running late in the morning and then didn't find him, and I forgot to bring his phone # to call him back. But oh well. I was on the fence about the board anyways. Anacapa Glider 6'6 20'' x 2 3/4''. I definitely want a board with some volume but that might almost be too much. Probably not though, maybe I'll try to meet him again on Saturday. $250 for it, been used 3 times. Pretty good deal. Although I was more excited about it before I researched Anacapa a bit and fuond out they're foreign pop-outs, not nearly as cool as supporting your local USA shaper. Bit of a debate amongst the surf populace about those foreign made boards and how folks feel about them. I'm probably more on the side of it's OK, there will continue to be a market for US made local shapers even w/ these foreign ones coming in at a lower price...

Anyways surf kind of sucked. Pretty mixed up out there. Still tried to make the most of it, took a few closeout beatings, caught 2 waves that were decent that I managed to actually get a bit of a ride on, and got some exercise, so a good morning. Nice, cold, but sunny. New wetsuit is TOASTY, oh yeah I got a 5/4/3 XCel with a built in hood on Tuesday night off Craigslist from a guy in Santa Cruz. It had only been used a couple times. $80. Now that is a deal.

But then I got a speeding ticket on my drive back, so, I actually came out about even (or probably in the red once my insurance company is done with me). Bleh!!! I was going 73 mph in a 65 and I got a ticket. How crazy is that???? There was NO traffic either. Ridiculous, worst luck ever.

Tonight poker tournament at Zac's. Will have 11 guys or so! I'll try to continue my winning streak, I'm 2 for 2. Took down Joel's Turkey Tourney over Thanksgiving and came up the biggest last time we played at Zac's as well. I was happy w/ TUrkey tourney game, felt I played well and made some good reads. Will try to keep that going.

No comments: