Monday, October 29, 2007

weekend recap part deux

SUNDAY OCT 28: On Sunday Selin and I started w/ some shopping at our favorite upscale boutiques (Ross & Mervyns) and then headed north again. We stopped and walked in to 3 Mile, which was the first time I've explored that particular beach. It's a beautiful little spot! Especially on a fall day w/ the sun out and wind down like it was on Sunday. There were a total of 3 people on the beach, you've got a nice brief walk to get there, it's protected behind this rock cliff, this weekend really was a fantastic weekend to be outside. As expected there was no surf at all at 3 Mile, but I just wanted to see it. We kept on cruising to Wadell Creek, where there were some small waves coming through. I decided to surf and hike down a spot I've never been to before, parking up the hill south from the main Wadell parking lot, and hiking down. I've checked this spot from the bluff before but never surfed it. So we packed our beach blanket, magazines, my board and wetsuit and walked on down. What a discovery! The beach wraps around the little inlet of Wadell and goes on for miles of nice sandy beach. It was practically an Oregon coastish beach but with abundant sunshine. So we set up camp and I surfed the fish again on the tiny waves that were coming through, waist high. But as stated before there was no wind, glassy conditions, really fun, plus the water was as clear as I've ever seen around here, Nice day. Shared a peak with 2 other guys (and one dolphin taking a nap just a little ways outside). The younger guy was also on a fish, surfing it really well (with no leash -- I contemplated going leashless but decided against it, I can have more carefree fun w/ the leash) and the other older dude on a longboard who wasn't that great. Good stuff. Was out for an hour or so and then wind picked up and glass turned to chop and I was done. Glad I got it when I did, saw some others head out right after me, not so fortunate.

Other than beach exploration and surfing, we watched two movies: Michael Clayton (good) and Gone Baby Gone (good). (I'm not much of a movie critic). We also read books and cooked hot dogs and watched reality TV and hung out downtown. Selin also got a Halloween costume for $16 a really cute Snow White dress. :)

Hope you had a good weekend as well. Back to work!

No comments: