Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ipod wins again

Nearly 10 months ago, I suffered my first defeat at the hands of the Apple Ipod/Itunes juggernaut. Last night, I settled in for round 2...and was defeated yet again. Last time I was trying to upload all my mp3 files into Itunes and it became an organizational nightmare, which took me a long long time to fix. Last night it was a different issue that prompted me to a new discovery, ITunes default file format is AAC format, something I had never heard of before last night (but apparently it's newer and better...), and also something the MP3 disc compatible stereo in my new car had never heard of either and doesn't recognize or play. So...in order to burn an MP3 CD compatible on my car stereo, I have to convert the ITunes files to MP3 format, which 1) takes a long time, and 2) creates duplicates of all the songs I try to convert!!! (one in AAC format, one in MP3 format). OYE! What a mess. I've learned now that when I upload I think I'll set it to upload music discs in MP3 format instead of AAC and I won't have to deal with this mess...but for the 15 GB of music already uploaded it's going to get a little messy. Boooooo.

No comments: